Navy Federal Credit Union
here for larger scale map for printing
Navy Federal Credit Union walk
paved with very short grassy or mulched sections.
sun with some shade
woods, homes, streets, buildings
- The walk starts at the parking lot of the Vienna Community
Center. Take the Washington and Old Dominion (W&OD) Trail towards Park
Street and cross that street at the crosswalk.
- Continue on the W&OD Trail on the other side of
Park Street as it climbs a slight uphill grade.
- Continue on the W&OD Trail past the trail intersection
on the left next to a bench.
- Continue on the W&OD Trail past the connection
to Talahi Road on the right.
- Turn left at the next trail intersection. The trail
enters the woods.
- The trail crosses a bridge over Wolftrap Creek. The
trail follows the creek on the right.
- Turn right at the next asphalt trail intersection to
continue following the creek.
- The trail reaches Follin Lane. Turn right and follow
the sidewalk along that road.
- The sidewalk ends at an entrance to a building. Cross
the entrance, turn left and cross Follin Lane and walk along the asphalt
path along the entrance to the Navy Federal Credit Union.
- After walking only a few feet turn left and cross the
entrance road using the crosswalk to the path marked by the sign "Ward
Walk". That walkway enters the woods and turns right to follow the
entrance to the parking area.
- At the next trail intersection turn left and continue
along the boardwalk into the woods.
- At the next trail intersection turn left to continue
on the boardwalk. Do not continue straight along the concrete connecting
- The walk continues around the back of the property
next to the parking area.
- The path enters the front of the property. At the point
where the Ward Walk crosses the entrance road in a crosswalk leave the formal
trail and continue straight along the grass with the entrance road on the
- Turn left at Electric Avenue and follow the sidewalk
along that road for one block. The town of Vienna ends at the start of the
- Cross Chestertown Drive, then turn right and cross
Electric Avenue in the crosswalk. Continue walking along the sidewalk along
- Turn left at the intersection with Richelieu Drive
(the second intersecting road) and follow the sidewalk along the road.
- Turn left at the end of Richelieu Drive and follow
the sidewalk to the end of Matraux Drive.
- Take the asphalt trail at the end of Matraux Drive.
After a few feet turn right at the trail intersection and take the mulched
trail with fences on both sides.
- Turn right and follow the next trail (the W&OD
- The trail enters Vienna. Continue straight on the W&OD
- Upon nearing Park Street take the trail to the left
to cross Park Street in the crosswalk. The Community Center marks the end
of the walk.