Walker Nature Education Center
Walker Nature Education Center
Length: 2.0 miles
Surface: Natural surface, asphalt,
and stone dust
Surroundings: woods, homes
- The walk starts at the picnic pavilion behind the nature house. Take the
wide stone dust trail going northeast from the picnic pavilion.
- The trail crosses a gully on a wood bridge. Turn left to follow a mulched
trail on the other side of the bridge.
- The trail passes a park bench on the right.
- After going down hill turn right at the trail intersection.
- After a short distance turn right at the next trail intersection.
- Pass a display on rocks common to this area.
- The trail intersects with a wide asphalt trail. Connect on the asphalt
trail in the same direction as the previous trail.
- After a short distance turn left onto the wide asphalt trail over a bridge.
The bridge crosses Snakeden Branch and Lake Audubon is on your right.
- Turn left onto the wide asphalt trail at the next trail intersection.
This trail follows Snakeden Branch upstream and homes should be on the right
of the trail.
- Just after the trail crosses a bridge a wide asphalt trail branches to
the right. Continue straight on the present trail.
- A wide asphalt trail intersects from the right. Continue on the present
- A wide asphalt trail branches to the right next to a trash container.
Stay on the trail to the left.
- The trail climbs a small hill behind a store. It then turns left prior
to Soapstone Drive and crosses Snakeden Branch.
- Turn right at the wide asphalt trail through the tunnel under Soapstone
- Turn left at the next wide asphalt trail and proceed up the hill with
houses on your right.
- The trail reaches the parking lot for the Glade Recreation Area. Continue
straight on the trail to the street.
- Turn right and follow the wide asphalt trail across the entrance to the
- At the tennis court turn left onto the wide asphalt trail and cross Glade
Drive. The trail on the other side goes down the hill with a gully and homes
on the left.
- A wide asphalt trail intersects from the right at the bottom of the hill.
Continue straight on the present trail.
- After crossing the bridge turn left onto the wide asphalt trail.
- After crossing Soapstone Drive continue straight on the wide asphalt trail
passing a wide asphalt trail to the right. After a short distance turn left
at the natural surface trail next to the Wildflower Trail sign. Either trail
may be used as they both meet in a short distance.
- After reaching Glade Creek take the natural surface trail to the right.
The trail follows the creek at a short distance. After a short distance
turn left to cross a bridge over the creek.
- At the next intersecting natural surface trail turn right and follow the
trail over a small hill.
- Turn left at the next natural surface trail and follow the trail up the
- The trail passes the Pine Branch Trail. Continue on the present trail
up the hill.
- At the next natural surface trail turn right to follow that trail across
- The trail reaches Glade Drive. The nature house and the start of the trail
are on the other side of the street from your present location.
Next - Pictorial Directions
Home - Contents