Hunters Woods Pool
Hunters Woods Pool
shade and sun
area, school, garden plots, picnic pavilion
Driving along Reston Parkway in Hunters Woods you may not have noticed the
garden plots, picnic pavilion, basketball court, soccer field, and tot lot
in addition to the swimming pool. Take this walk and see some of the things
that you may not have observed from your car.
- The walk starts from the east side of the parking area
at Hunters Woods Pool. Take the asphalt path at the end of the lot with
the homes on the left.
- After a short distance turn right at the asphalt trail
intersection. The trail crosses a creek and goes up a hill.
- The trail crosses Colts Neck Road. Continue straight
on the trail on the other side. After a short distance a creek will appear
along the right side of the trail.
- The trail turns right and crosses the creek. Go straight
at the next 2 asphalt trail intersections from the right. The trail will
go down a hill.
- Another asphalt trail intersects from the right shortly
after crossing another creek. Continue straight along the present trail.
- At the next fork in the trail take the asphalt trail
to the right. The trail will soon turn right again. It will pass between
the homes until it reaches Steeplechase Road where it will turn left.
- The trail crosses Trotter Lane. Continue on the trail
along Steeplechase Road.
- The trail crosses Steeplechase Road near the driveway
next to the school. Cross that driveway and continue along the trail on
the other side of Steeplechase Road.
- Turn right at the sidewalk along Colts Neck Road and
walk past the front of Hunters Woods School.
- Turn right onto the asphalt path after passing Hunters
Woods School. The path goes down a steep hill through the woods.
- After a very short distance an asphalt trail intersects
from the right. Keep straight on the present trail as it follows Colts Neck
- The trail turns left to pass through a tunnel under
Colts Neck Road. Upon exiting the tunnel turn right at the trail intersection
to continue along the other side of Colts Neck Road.
- The trail turns left to follow along Glade Drive.
- The trail crosses a pipeline. Continue on the present
trail and enter the short section of woods.
- Turn left at the next trail intersection near the intersection
with Reston Parkway and walk up the hill.
- Pass a soccer field on the left.
- Turn left to follow the trail around the parking area.
- Pass a basketball court and a tot lot on the left.
- The trail passes garden plots on the right. Plots may
be rented from the Reston Association.
- The trail passes the Hunters Woods picnic pavilion.
- The walk ends back at the Hunters Woods pool parking
Next - Pictorial Directions