This walk starts at Soapstone Drive where it crosses the Glade Stream. The
crossing is between Lawyers Road and Glade Drive at the lowest point on Soapstone
Drive. A crosswalk connecting pedestrian bridges on both sides of the road
marks the trail. Limited parking is available on the shoulder of the road.
- Go west on the asphalt trail with the houses on your left and the stream
on your right. The small picnic area (fire ring) shown to the right next
to Soapstone Drive will help to confirm that you are walking in the right
- An asphalt trail intersects on the right. That is the return loop. Go
straight on the current trail. Houses will continue to be on your left.
- After the trail crosses a bridge it intersects with another asphalt trail
from the right. Continue straight on the present trail.
- A short distance after the trail intersection notice a house to the left
with a fence, a gate, and possibly a Border Collie. There will be a basket
of tennis balls on the fence to the right of the gate. Throw a ball for
the dog to fetch and you will have a new friend.
- After some distance the trail turns right and crosses the Glade Stream
on a bridge. Shortly after crossing the bridge take the intersecting asphalt
trail to the left if you wish to walk on the entire long loop.
The trail curves to the left angling back towards the stream. You will be
returning along this same path. If you only wish to walk the short loop
turn right and proceed to step 18 in the instructions.
- (Long loop only) After some distance the trail turns left and crosses
the Glade Stream at which point it turns right.
- The trail follows the stream on the right. Continue past the next narrow
bridge on the right that crosses the stream and continue to the ramp on
the right that connects the trail to Steeplechase Drive. Do not take the
narrower trail that follows Steeplechase Drive.
- Take the steps on the other side of Steeplechase Drive. At the bottom
of the steps the trail crosses Glade Stream and turns to the left.
- After a short distance the trail intersects with and ends at another asphalt
trail. Turn left onto the intersecting trail. After a short distance the
trail crosses another bridge over Glade Stream.
- After climbing a hill and starting back down a trail intersects from the
left. Take the current trail to the right. The trail to the left goes to
Lawyers Road. Within a few feet another trail intersects from the left.
Keep on the current trail to the right and cross the stream. After crossing
the bridge the trail turns to the left and follows the houses on the right
and the stream on the left.
- The trail crosses Colts Neck Road. Continue on the asphalt trail on the
other side of the road.
- After some distance the trail crosses a bridge and intersects with and
ends at another asphalt trail. Take the asphalt trail to the right. The
trail to the left goes to the pool at Hunters Woods Park.
- After some distance notice a play area and tennis courts on the right.
Turn left at the access road entrance to the tennis courts and cross Colts
Neck Road in the crosswalk. Take the wide asphalt trail straight on the
other side of Colts Neck road.
- An asphalt trail intersects from the left. Go straight on the current
- Turn left at the next asphalt trail to the left. This is same trail you
took coming from Steeplechase Road.
- Walk up the steps and cross Steeplechase Road. Turn left onto the wide
asphalt trail on the other side.
- After a short distance a narrow bridge crosses the stream on the left.
Continue straight on the wide trail with the stream on your left. The wide
trail crosses the stream a short distance later.
- The asphalt trail intersecting on the right was part of the walk route
coming from Soapstone Drive. Walkers following the short loop will
be rejoining the long loop here by turning right onto this trail.
Long loop walkers should continue straight along the existing trail.
- An asphalt trail intersects from the left. Make a sharp left at this point.
- At the next asphalt trail intersection turn right. After a short distance
the trail crosses a bridge over Glade Stream.
- Turn left at the intersecting asphalt trail.
- After a short distance the trail ends at the starting point at Soapstone